So what are Site Shapers? They are quick installs of Joomla combined with all the modules, content, etc used on our demo. Within a few minutes you can have your site up, running and looking just like our demo, excluding stock photography. Site Shapers are located under this template's download section.
Because Aluma Photography has Virtuemart data preinstalled there is one extra step this month for installing the Site Shaper, but relax it's easy and explained below.
Both Joomla 1.0.x and Joomla 1.5 Site Shapers are available.
- Download the site shaper from our download section.
- The zip file contains 3 files, a read me file, an sql file and the site shaper. Upload the site shaper to the desired folder on your server.
- Most server cpanels have an extract option built in, extract the files of the site shaper. If your server does not have an extract option you will need to extract them on your local computer and then upload the files to the folder through an ftp client.
- Then access your domain. This will bring you to the installation screen. Just follow all the instructions and install the site shaper like a standard Joomla installation.
- Once the installation is complete make sure to delete your installation folder.
- Now that the site shaper is installed there is one final step, and that is to import the Virtuemart tables to your database. To do this extract the sql file from the download and save it to your desktop.
- This next step can vary between servers because different servers have different applications installed, but most servers will have phpmyadmin installed. If you are unsure of where to find this it is usually linked off of your cpanel. If you can't find it you will need to contact your hosting company and tell them you need to import an sql file to your database.
- Open phpmyadmin and then on the left column click on the database name you installed the site shaper to.
- Then across the top of the page click the Import tab.
- Browse for the sql file that you extract to your desktop and then click the Go button in the button right corner.
- It may take a minute for the import to finish but once it completes you can close phpmyadmin!
This is the final step. There is a configuration file in Virtuemart that requires the url of your site. Navigate to:
At line 35 and 36 change the following to the url of your site:
define( 'URL', 'http://localhost/15ss/' );
define( 'SECUREURL', 'http://localhost/15ss/' );
define( 'URL', 'http://www.mysite.com/' );
define( 'SECUREURL', 'http://www.mysite.com/' );
Make sure that it ends with a trailing / at the end.
Save the file and the installation is complete!
It is highly recommended that you use a Site Shaper if you want to get your site looking like our demos. If you just want the data we have used then an SQL dump is for you.
- Login to your phpmyadmin via cpanel or another server database admin panel.
- Navigate to the database your Joomla install is using
- Select all tables and drop them. (NOTE: This will delete all your website data on this current Joomla install)
- Next, click import and import the SQL dump we provide
- Now you are done, just login via your Joomla admin with username=admin and password=admin