How to setup your online ordering
Written by Administrator
This is a tutorial on how to setup your online ordering with the Restaurante template.
First you'll will have to get everything installed, we recommend using the Site Shaper provided in the Restaurante download section. This will get everything setup for you. From here you will only need to add your products and insert your information taking out the dummy products and store info that come with the Site Shaper. Click here if you need to read a tutorial on Site Shaper installation. If this doesn't suit you then you can just install the VM Theme that we have available in the downloads section. This theme will also provide the same VirtueMart functionality as our Site Shaper does
Once you have the Site Shaper (or VM Theme if you decided to take this route) installed, you will need to then make sure your email address is in the VirtueMart admin as the orders will be sent to your email address.
After inputting your email address you then need to setup auto printing to the email address your orders will be sent to. Two methods we suggest below are using Microsoft Outlook or you can download the free equivalent called Mozilla Thunderbird
To make Outlook print emails automatically as they are retrieved:
- Select Tools | Rules and Alerts... from the menu in Outlook.
- Click New Rule....
- Highlight Check messages when they arrive under Step 1: Select a template.
- Click Next >.
- Check a criterion if you want to print only certain messages and make sure you fill in the variables under Step 2: Edit the rule description.
- Click Next >.
- If you specified no filtering criteria, click Yes.
- Check print it under Step 1: Select action(s).
- Click Finish.
- Now click OK.