Written by Administrator
So what are Site Shapers? They are quick installs of Joomla combined with all the modules, images, etc used on our demo. Within a few minutes you can have your site up, running and looking just like our demo. No more importing SQL dumps and installing modules. Just head on over to the download section of this template and grab a Site Shaper. Simply install the Site Shaper like any other Joomla installation, it's that easy!
Both Joomla 1.0.x and Joomla 1.5 Site Shapers are available.
How to setup a Site Shaper
If you already know how to install Joomla then just install the site shaper just like a regular Joomla install, if you don't know how to install Joomla continue reading.
- Login to your cpanel or your server admin panel.
- Locate the area where your databases are
- Create a new database
- Next create a new database user and assign it to this newly created database in the previous step
- You will then need to extract the site shaper to either a folder on your server or the root directory such as WWW. NOTE: if you already have a website in the root of your WWW folder, we suggest creating a new folder and extract the site shaper there.
- Next, navigate to where you extracted the site shaper via your web browser.
- The site shaper splash screen should appear, continue through until you reach the below screenshot:
- At the above screen be sure to enter localhost as shown, continue to fill in the following text fields with your newly created database and username information
- Lastly be sure to leave the prefix "jos_" intact and click next.
- Follow through the rest of the site shaper setup and click the install sample data at the last screen and you should be all set (be sure to rename/remove the installation directory after finishing the install)
It is highly recommended that you use a Site Shaper if you want to get your site looking like our demos. If you just want the data we have used then an SQL dump is for you.
- Login to your phpmyadmin via cpanel or another server database admin panel.
- Navigate to the database your Joomla install is using
- Select all tables and drop them. (NOTE: This will delete all your website data on this current Joomla install)
- Next, click import and import the SQL dump we provide
- Now you are done, just login via your Joomla admin with username=admin and password=admin