1) The ability to shift the dropdown feature to lower parts of the site, so that when the move down option is used
the header and menu of the site stays in place while the rest of the site moves down, or the overlay drops down over the lower part of the site without obscuring the header and area and menu. If implemented their should be an option to decide if the menu drop is above or below the overlay drop down.
2) Lots more template specific options especially for background colors in every template blocks and all menu areas like in Sienna.
3) Lots more module styles and colors in all template regardless of the particular style of that template.
4) The ability to turn off template graphics or choose between loading template graphics or using background colors on all menus and modules and blocks, for even faster loading and a greater range or customization.
5) Configuration options for rounding of corners or not, on all menus, blocks and modules in a template.
6) Options to keep or remover shadows.
7) Options to keep or remove separators.
A lot more styling options on the live search (see universal ajax live search module by Offlagn.com.
9) A width switcher for fluid widths with 3 options like the font switcher
10) Always have module positions at the top of the site like in sienna but are missing from Callie Rush
11) Make the new options that are added to templates as backward compatible as possible.
12) The ability to add module positions via and templates configuration screen.
13) Background color configurations options on all templates and option to turn or background images and set color instead.
14) Option to upload a background image or images and have a range or background images that can be related to menu selections.
Personally I like to be able to strip out a template of all the graphics that have been added and add them back in as needed. But no template club provides the ability to do this via the backend. So if you comment out the graphics that are being called via the code you end up with http calls that don't work. So I would like to be have a screen that shows me all the graphics that are being used in a template and be able to turn them off and set background colors instead and corner stylings also.
15) Option to have a background colors in areas such as headers menus and just below the menu, to be as wide as the site or 100% screen wide.
16) A full range of present style for templates in which graphics are used more than template specific options. For example the Callie Rush template is great but the area surround the menu buttons and the buttons themselves need a range of color options to ad a little contrast to the template if needed. Plus background color options also.
17) Keep all templates up to date with features of latest template, just as the framework is kept up to date. i.e Template Versions.
18) An area on your site where a road map of framework and template enhancements can be viewed. Not knowing what is coming from template clubs until they release the template makes it hard to plan. Previews would be good, but at least some idea of what features are coming would be very good. You could use a uservoice.com style system or some other way of letting people vote up features. Its a great way to get members more engaged and I have not found a club yet that really listens to its members in a systematic fashion.
So many templates become obsolete with time. This is one of the main problems with all the template clubs. It would be great if one template club could make it their policy to provide template updates just as component developers do and if possible to provide update notification from within the template backend. One click update of the template while keeping the configurations would also be great. There is nothing worse than watching a template you like gradually become obsolete Joomla progresses. Regular template upgrades, via the backend would be a great way to keep members subscriptions active, even after they have downloaded the templates they need. No club I know of has done this before and it is something that is very very needed.
I sure hope you can implement a few of these suggestions into your templates from February. Judging from how good vertex is already if anyone can you can.