Today we have launched Vertex 3.5 for Joomla 3.X. This new version fixes several bugs and adds several bits of new functionality to Vertex. Please be sure to read through the major changes listed below. To upgrade your Vertex installation please be sure to download the patch from:
And please follow the upgrade patch tutorials from here:
A list of the major features majors in 3.5:
1. Jquery updates have been made to fix an update in Joomla 3.2.3 with a newer version of jquery.
2. Jquery-ui-addons.js file was added to included additional classes that are not included in the Joomla core jquery files.
3. Major updates were done to the compression files to fix issues found on some server configurations.
4. An error was found in the background css call that was implemented in Vertex 3.4.
5. The mobile icons have been updated to fix an anti-alias issue.
6. Multibox.js was updated to fix an issue with multiple iframes on the same page.
7. Thirdparty.css was updated to force K2 articles to a single column on mobile.
8. Parallax backgrounds was updated to allow for centered background calls.
9. A fix has been applied to the menu scroll to fix, any flex menu link that starts with #s5 will scroll to that div on the page.
10. The backgrounds tab now allows for full urls as well urls in just the “images” folder.
11. A new css info slide feature was added along with several info slide styles.
12. The scroll to top arrow now auto hides when it is not needed on the page, triggered by the scroll height on the page.
13. A fix has been applied so that module titles now show in the flex menu system.
14. The flex menu now works with the default Joomla menu class parameter. The class will be applied to the parent items’ LI call.
15. Modules.php is now part of the framework and not set individually on every template.
16. An update was made to the floating menu script that was causing problems if the files were uploaded in ftp binary mode.
Also, we are very excited to announce that we have begun work on a new Vertex 4 platform! This new version will be a complete overhaul of the backend of Vertex, which will give you a much more visual experience of your website and its layout. The goal is to consolidate the many great features of Vertex into a more isolated area by giving you a graphical representation of your website. This will also include a brand new styling to the admin as well as a feature that will hide parameters that are not needed to keep everything organized better for you. Keep posted for updates on this in the months to come. We at Shape5 are very excited about this next step for Vertex!