Today we have launched Vertex 3.3 for Joomla 3.X and Vertex 2.4 for Joomla 1.6 to 2.5. These new versions fix several bugs and add several bits of new functionality to Vertex. Please be sure to read through the major changes listed below. To upgrade your Vertex installation please be sure to download the patch from: http://www.shape5.com/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,96/task,cat_view/gid,190/
And please follow the upgrade patch tutorials from here: http://www.shape5.com/joomla_tutorials.html
A list of the major features majors in 3.3:
1. Js/s5_flex_menu.js has been updated to fix a bug for sites using a position:fixed call on the menu wrapper.
2. The speed of css and js file compression has been increased, and exclusions for font awesome and google fonts have been added; they were causing compression issues.
3. New floating menu features have been added to the Menu tab to allow the flex menu wrapper div to become position:fixed at set a screen height. There are also other css features in this area to stylize the menu when this this effect is triggered. This feature is by default disabled and should only be used by advanced users. This functionality can be used on all Vertex templates, but keep in mind that not all templates are designed for this functionality.
4. A new Backgrounds tab has been added to allow users to easily change the background of the page as well as other row elements on the page.
6. Some core admin functions have been updated to fix an IE ajax submit bug for the Vertex admin, and is now working properly in all versions of IE.
7. Updates to the google fonts calls have been made so they work properly with https urls.