: How to setup Downloads
: jonahh February 13, 2014, 03:11:24 PM
You can just link directly to an audio file or to a website where a user could download them from. Or if you want to include an option so that users must pay and then get redirected to a download link you can do the following:
What you need:
- PayPal account (business or premiere)
- FetchApp Account
Step 1 ? set up the audio player
- Install the MP3 Gallery module
- Upload your playlist/s and get the music player displaying how you want it on your site.
Step 2 ? setup FetchApp for digital delivery of your music files
a. Sign up (or sign in) to your FetchApp account
b. Configure General Settings via Settings > General Settings (this is stuff like currency, business name, download expiry settings)
c. Configure Cart Setup & API via Settings > Cart Setup & API. Important: On this screen you need to activate PayPal as the checkout method. To do this just fill in your PayPal ID and click ?activate? on the right.
d. Now go to Products and click ?Add New Product? to add the first music track that you want to sell.
e. Once you?ve created a product successfully, click ?Sell Product? button on the right ? this takes you to a screen showing various button codes?
f. Scroll down to the Buy Now Button code and copy the direct link which is shown to the right of the orange button.
g. Jump back to your Joomla site and Paste the link into the ?Download URL? field for the music track.
h. Save? then test. Clicking the button next to the track should direct the user to PayPal where they can complete the transaction, resulting in delivery of the music track.
i .Assuming it worked, apply the same process for each music track you wish to sell.
- FetchApp is a standalone web application for sales/delivery of digital products. This makes it perfect for music files.
- You get 1MB of space for free with FetchApp (so you can test it or suitable if you just have one file to sell), but please be aware that if you have a bunch of music tracks you?ll probably need a paid plan > see plans and pricing here.
- Consider turning on the option for customers to use Credit Card without having a PayPal account? you can do this via your PayPal account itself.