S5 Quick Contact
This tutorial will explain how to install and configure the S5 Quick Contact module.
This module is a simple way for your visitors to get in contact with you. Sometimes full contact pages are just too much. If you're looking for an easy way to stay in contact with your visitors this module is for you. This module has fully configurable language settings, sends emails to a specified admin account, captcha spam protection and much more!
Note - Many of our club products contain specific styling for our extensions. These styles cannot be transferred from one product to another; they are integrated into the design. The same extension is used on all installations, the themes themselves contain the styling overrides. If a particular theme does not include unique styling for a particular extension, then the default style is used.
Be sure to read the tooltips and other descriptions in the backend of this extension. There are a lot of tips and further information found in these areas.
The first thing you'll need to do is install the module. Once you have it downloaded it just follow the below tutorial if you need help installing the module into Joomla. Refer to your template's module layout to determine the best position to publish this module to, some modules are designed for specific locations.
2. Verify Global Configuration Settings
Emails are sent through the Joomla mailer functions. These settings are controlled in the Joomla Global Configuration.
Navigate to System / Global Configuration in the backend of Joomla:
Proceed to the "Server" tab and make sure your settings are correct under the "Mail Settings" area. Almost all servers require emails to be sent through SMTP:
3. Next you will need to setup the options in the admin
Below is a complete list of all the settings under the first "Module" tab. Usually the default settings will work fine. Most features are self explanatory, be sure to read the tooltips for each settings for full descriptions. We will highlight the three most commonly used ones below.
- Emails Should Be Sent To - This is the email address where emails should be sent. One of the most common configuration problems during setup is this field is left blank, so be sure you have a valid email address submitted here.
- Field Text - Each field has a text field, eg: Name, Email, Subject, Field 1, etc. This is the text that actually shows on the form and in the email that is received.
- Field Type - This is the type of field you would like shown, eg: Text, Textarea, Date, etc. Inputs will show in the order they are setup in this configuration.
4. Configure messages
Below is a complete list of all the settings under the first "Messages and Text" tab. Usually the default settings will work fine, but you can adjust the text as needed.
5. Spam Protection
Enable spam protection under the "Spam Protection" tab. There are several options for spam protection including enabling a captcha box, and also word exclusions.