This tutorial will guide you through the upgrade process of a Vertex template to the latest version of Vertex. At the bottom of this tutorial you will find a changelog of the files per vesion. Please review this entire tutorial before making any upgrades.
Make sure your template is compatible with Joomla 3.X before upgrading:
Vertex 4 is intended only for Joomla 3.X, and should not be used with any version of Joomla less than 3.0.
2. Removed a mootools call in multibox.
3. Multiple bux fixes were applied to the floating menu functions.
4. Multiple bug fixes were applied to the off canvas menu to fix problems on Windows 8 and Chrome, as well as others. An ordering issue was also fixed on the off canvas menu.
5. Multiple bug fixes were applied to the flex menu files, including a fix for anchor links and multiple columns.6. Multiple info slide styles were added.
2. An update to multibox was made to fix a bug issue on Google Chrome on iPads.
3. Mobile devices can now choose between a drop down layout or mobile sidebar option.
4. Mobile devices can now hide the login and register sections, while keeping them enabled on desktop browsers.
6. Jquery-ui-addons.js file was added to included additional classes that are not included in the Joomla core jquery files.
7. Major updates were done to the compression files to fix issues found on some server configurations.
8. An error was found in the background css call that was implemented in Vertex 3.4.
9. The mobile icons have been updated to fix an anti-alias issue.
10. Multibox.js was updated to fix an issue with multiple iframes on the same page.
11. Thirdparty.css was updated to force K2 articles to a single column on mobile.
12. Parallax backgrounds was updated to allow for centered background calls.
13. A fix has been applied to the menu scroll to fix, any flex menu link that starts with #s5 will scroll to that div on the page.
14. The backgrounds tab now allows for full urls as well urls in just the images folder.
15. A new css info slide feature was added along with several info slide styles.
16. The scroll to top arrow now auto hides when it is not needed on the page, triggered by the scroll height on the page.
17. A fix has been applied so that module titles now show in the flex menu system.
18. The flex menu now works with the default Joomla menu class parameter. The class will be applied to the parent items LI call.
19. Modules.php is now part of the framework and not set individually on every template.
20. An update was made to the floating menu script that was causing problems if the files were uploaded in ftp binary mode.
22. A new Language tab was added to allow multi language sites to translate fields such as login, register, etc. for specific languages without needing separate template styles.
23. An admin js file was update so that the template configuration page automatically opens to the Vertex tab on page load.
24. Several files pertaining to menu calls were updated for Joomla 3.2 compatibility.
26. File compression has been sped up, and exclusions for font awesome and google fonts have been added, as they were causing compression issues.
27. New floating menu features have been added to the Menu tab to allow the flex menu wrapper div to become position:fixed at set screen height. There are also other css features in this area to stylize the menu when this this effect is triggered. This feature is by default disabled and should only be used by advanced users.
28. A new Backgrounds tab has been added to allow users to easily change the background of the page as well as other row elements on the page.
29. New parallax functionality has been added in conjunction with the new Backgrounds tab, via the vertex/parallax_backgrounds.php file.
30. Some core admin functions have been updated to fix an IE ajax submit bug for the Vertex admin.
31. Updates to the google fonts calls have been made so they work properly with https urls.