S5 Accordion Menu
This tutorial will explain how to install and configure the S5 Accordion Menu widget.
The S5 Accordion Menu widget puts any WordPress menu into an accordion menu for easy navigation.
Note - Many of our club products contain specific styling for our extensions. These styles cannot be transferred from one product to another; they are integrated into the design. The same extension is used on all installations, the themes themselves contain the styling overrides. If a particular theme does not include unique styling for a particular extension, then the default style is used.
Be sure to read the tooltips and other descriptions in the backend of this extension. There are a lot of tips and further information found in these areas.
The first thing you'll need to do is install the widget. Once you have it downloaded it just follow the below tutorial if you need help installing the widget into WordPress. Refer to your theme's widget layout to determine the best position to publish this widget to, some widgets are designed for specific locations.
2. Next you will need to setup the options in the admin
Below is a complete list of all the settings:
- Menu Name - Here you select the actual menu that you would like to show in the widget.
- Parent Hyperlinks - This option turns on or off the HREF link on the first level links. Turning them off means you can click anywhere on the item for the accordion to open. Turning them on means the text itself will be a hyperlink to the associated page and only the arrow area will open the accordion.
- Page Loads - When set to "Open" the active level accordion will be open after page load. When set to "Closed" all accordions will be closed until the user selects an accordion to open.
- End and Start Levels - These settings allow you to only show a certain number of menu levels. If you wanted to only show the first two levels you would set the Start to 1 and the End to 2.
- Submenu Items - Setting this option to "Yes" means that all sub menu items will always be available. Setting it to "No" means that only the sub menus for the active first level accordion will be shown on the page, the other accordions will only show for the first level items.